Are you worried about bugs, insects, rodents, or other pests in your home? Do you know the best ways to keep them out of your homes? Pest Control Manassas VA is here to help you. If you are one of the thousands of homeowners who are asking these kinds of questions you better stick with us right now.
A single bug, insect, rodent, cockroach and other pests in your home would cause you to pull out a can of bug spray or call a pest control company to sweep them away. The following are simple ways you can follow to keep them away from your home.
- If you have plants around your backyard, trim their branches as often as you can to eliminate branches that might be a bridge to reach your doors and windows. There are branches that are the ideal shelter for pests.
- Use screen protectors for your doors and windows to not allow pest wiggle through tiny cracks and gaps that might be a way in for them to invade your homes. Check your doors and windows as often as you can to inspect if there are things you need to repair or cover up to prevent the pest from penetrating your home.
- If you suspect that there are pest inside your home, you can take inspection of your entire home exterior for other?cracks, and gaps through which pests could enter. Make sure you check for foundation cracks, loose siding, missing roof shingles, and gaps around incoming utility lines, including pipes, electric and cable wiring to know further details. You can seal any openings with copper mesh, coarse steel wool, sheet metal or mortar to be sure that these pests have no opportunity at all.
- Keep your yards, patios, decks, and garage free of litter, weeds, and standing water to avoid any pests. Ensure that trash cans inside or outside your home have tight-fitting lids and are clean.
- There are some cracks and gaps visible only from inside your home so you might want to check other sides of your home to make sure they won’t get behind your back.
- Sink and floor drain inside your home often accumulate gunk and debris which can attract pests and provide an ideal breeding site. Make sure that you maintain cleaning them or inspect them as much as possible.
- If you have recyclable materials that are stored inside your home, it is better off for you to keep them outside with proper storage to prevent piling up dust that will eventually cause pests to intrude. If you prefer storing them inside, make sure that the containers are tight fitting and clean to prevent any pests from entering the storage box.
- Cleanliness inside and outside your home is very important. The cleaner your home, the less attractive it will be for pests to reside inside or outside your property.
If you need further help, don’t hesitate to call your pest control company for further inspection.